Annual Spring Auction 2020 – Garden Glam!
The John Rogers PTA invites staff, families and friends to a fun night out to support our
school. The auction is an adult-only event and our school’s primary fundraiser of the
year, earning up to 80% of our PTA budget each year. Tickets for the auction are
purchased in advance and include dinner and open bar. The event is a great opportunity
for you to socialize with other parents and staff while also helping raise money to benefit
our students’ education. https://charityauction.bid/2020GardenGlam
SAVE THE DATE!! RESCHEDULED!!! Saturday, May 30th at the Mountaineers Club at Sand Point…The night will consist of both a silent auction and a live auction, with something for
everyone! Items up for bid include almost anything you can think of – restaurants,
sporting events, handmade items, unique experiences for children and adults, classroom
projects, experiences with teachers and staff, and even a few vacation getaways! Whether
you choose to participate in the bidding or not, it is always highly entertaining to watch!
Last year we raised over $70,000 for the school! Those fundraising efforts helped us
fund tutoring programs, art and science enrichment, library books, classroom supplies,
community and family events and much more.
How can I participate?
There are many ways for each of our John Rogers families to ensure the success of the
event again this year:
* Attend the Auction! Tickets are on sale now! https://charityauction.bid/2020GardenGlam
* Donate! Can’t attend the event but still want to donate money? Have a friend or family
member that would like to donate? Every year we choose a specific budget item as our
Fund-a-Need and the funds raised are designated for this item – this year we’re focusing
on Community Enrichment. You have the opportunity to donate at any amount you
choose whether you attend the Auction or not, and ALL Fund-a-Need donations are
100% tax deductible.
* Ask your company to match your donation! Many companies offer a program that will
match your donations to non-profits organizations. Please check with your company to
see if they have a matching gift program!
* Procure items! We are looking for desirable, unique and high-quality donations of all
sizes and are asking EVERYONE to think through their entire network of family, friends
and colleagues – anyone you know that might have access to popular and/or creative
auction items. Do you know someone with a cabin or vacation home who is willing to
donate a week or weekend. Don’t be afraid to solicit beyond local businesses! If you
want to be part of the procurement team or have a business in mind, email us so we can make sure there are no redundancies and so we can support you with a procurement
* Make something! We’re really excited about a portion of the auction called the John Rogers Marketplace. Think affordable, handmade, local, homegrown treasures from our
* Host an Otter Party! These are fun events where you find an activity and auction off spots to attend! Past parties have included soap making, art projects, karaoke night, backyard BBQ’s, and more! * Bake (or Buy) a Dessert! We need dessert for the evening Dessert Dash to auction off!
* Volunteer! We need lots of hands to make this work. Can you help us set up before the
auction (May 30th from 1pm-5pm)? Would you like to help at the auction itself (and
get in for free with your own bid card)? If so, please contact Christi Schwend