Our school community is amazing because of people like you! We invite you to share your time and talents with our JR community this year.
Below are some of the current volunteer needs in our community. Please contact the front office of the school or email JohnRogersPTA@gmail.org.
- Fall Festival! October 28th. We’re looking for a few volunteers to help make our awesome annual event even more amazing! For more details and to sign-up, click here!
- Raft Captains (the JRE equivalent of room parents): We are hoping to have 1-2 parents per class. Like otters who wrap themselves in kelp to stay together, raft captains will build community by connecting grade-band and class families to the school and to each other. This may include planning grade-band playdates, organizing around Staff Appreciation week, recruiting chaperones for class field trips, and supporting other teacher requests. Time commitment is 1- 4 hours per month. Please email Kristy and Dragana if you are interested in being a Raft Captain: OtterRaftCaptain@gmail.com
- Art Docents: teach a virtual art lesson/activity to your child’s class once a month; this is an awesome way to experience a John Rogers classroom while sharing excitement about art with the students. No art experience needed, and training will be provided. Email email@example.com if you’re interested! Looking specifically for art docents for Ms. Clemons and Ms. Meng-Li’s classes!
- PTA Board Positions: Membership Chair, Co-Secretary, Vice President: these are all open positions and a wonderful way to help and get an close-up look and input into what’s happening in our school community. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
- PTA Events: There are so many event throughout the year where we could use a lot or a little help. Events like Move-a-Thon, BLM Week, Heritage Night, and more!
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Committee: Would you like to get involved with other parents supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion in our school community? The John Rogers parent EDI team meets monthly. All are welcome to attend. Please email Apurva email@example.com or Tricia firstname.lastname@example.org for information including meeting dates and link, meeting minutes, or to join the email list. Visit our calendar page for details on our next meeting.
- Translation: Do you speak one of our popular John Rogers’ languages: Spanish, Tigrinya, or Amharic? We’d love your translation help.
- Green Team: Climate change is real and here. Help the John Rogers community with ways to help us make a difference for our planet!
- Yearbook: Have some tech savvy or a good eye? Help us put our annual yearbook together!
- Fundraising: The John Rogers PTA is a nonprofit. Donations help us help our students! In the past, we’ve held big events with an auction, smaller events (like the Move-a-Thon), cookie dough sales, and an appeal ask.
We’d love to hear from you! Email if interested in any of the above, if you have questions, or if you have another way you’d like to help! email@example.com
*For the safety of our students and community, all volunteers in the school (or on field trips), are required to fill out this volunteer application with the district.