Welcome to the John Rogers 2022-2023 School Year!
Welcome back to our returning Otter families, and a special welcome to our new and Kindergarten families! We are as excited and nervous as you are to be getting back to school. As we navigate another unchartered year together, the mission of our PTA has never been more important: Building Community, Enriching Education, and Advocating for EVERY child. Together we will support this mission by giving direct help to our teachers, staff, and families. While these times can feel challenging, frustrating, and fear-filled, they are also an exciting opportunity to reimagine how best to serve and engage our community in meaningful, relevant, and equitable ways.
Our community is incredible because of you! We are all in this together, and your ideas, talents, and voice are needed and appreciated. Whether a new or returning PTA member, we thank you for your commitment to our organization, our teachers, and most importantly, our students. Many parents feel they cannot participate because of language barriers or limited availability during the workday – please do not let that discourage you. There are endless possibilities for family members to contribute, and we can match any time constraints and abilities to needed tasks.
We invite each of you to become a part of our team! You can support the John Rogers PTA by:
- Becoming a PTA member: sign-ups are available online and by paper form. By becoming a member, you will receive voting rights at PTA meetings.
- Volunteering: share your talents with our school. By getting involved, you will be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
- Donating: provide resources and time.
- Connecting: reach out to other families in your class and grade level. Connect with, and support, one another.
- Suggestions: We are thinking outside the box to bring family events, enrichment, and support to each John Rogers’ student and staff. We welcome your ideas! Email johnrogersPTA@gmail.com!
As the year evolves, we ask for grace—for one another, for our kids, and especially for our hardworking staff. The JR PTA will continue to adjust our budgets and plans and reach out for additional support where needed. As always, your thoughts, insights and ideas are greatly appreciated, as now more than ever, we are all partners. John Rogers Elementary is truly a special place for our children to explore, grow, and learn. Thank you for your support and patience this year. We look forward to partnering with you!
5th Grade Parent and an Alumni