Check out this virtual tour of our school or read about what some parents have to say about the John Rogers community!
Due to Covid, some of the programs below were put on hold. We look forward to having them return in the coming year! Here are some examples of what our students have enjoyed!
- Tutoring programs
- Every Kindergartner is tested and placed in a reading group that meets frequently, continuing in 1st grade and upper grades as needed.
- Speech therapist available
- Reading specialists available (sets us apart as most schools can only offer this on a limited basis)
- Emphasis on early success at reading
Sound Partners tutoring
- Music Program: The music program at John Rogers is designed to provide every student with learning opportunities and experiences that foster a lifelong appreciation and understanding of music. Music education at Rogers will consist of singing, playing a number of instruments, movement, listening, and creating. Units and lessons for the music program are designed to align with the state standards and grade-level expectations.
- P.E. Program: “Students in gym class at John Rogers Elementary will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain an active life through a variety of activities using movement, physical fitness, cooperation, and sportsmanship. To be successful in gym, students need to follow directions, participate to the best of their ability, and exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.”
- Before/After School Clubs
- Spring Auction
- Field Trips (zoo, museums, aquarium, theaters, Kindergarten pumpkin patch, etc.)
- Creek Stewardship
- Music Club for 4th-5th graders after school with our music teacher
- Swimming for all grades at Meadowbrook Community Center (school-funded with an additional small fee per student)
- Move-a-Thon fundraiser
- Fall Festival (theme varies each year)
- Holiday Food Drives
- Holiday Sing-a-long (including Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa songs)
- Book Sales (used and new – PTA fundraiser)
- Reading Buddies between grades
- Library with large selection of great books (more added throughout the year)
- 5th grade Overnight Camp
- End of the year Field Day
- All-school Beach Day in June exploring sea creatures during low tide