Happy summer, Otters!
Read about JR families’ responses to the bell time and transportation survey.
As we navigate these extraordinary times, the mission of our PTA has never been more important: Building Community, Enriching Education, and Advocating for EVERY child. Together we will support this mission by giving direct help to our teachers, staff, and families. While these times can feel challenging, frustrating, and fear-filled, they are also an exciting opportunity to re-imagine how best to serve and engage our community in meaningful, relevant, and equitable ways.
We invite each of you to become a part of our team! You can support the John Rogers PTA by:
- Becoming a PTA member: sign-ups are available online and by paper form. By becoming a member, you will receive voting rights at PTA meetings.
- Volunteering: share your talents with our school. By getting involved, you will be part of the solution, helping to make positive change.
- Donating: provide resources and time.
- Connecting: reach out to other families in your class and grade level. Connect with, and support, one another.
- Suggestions: We are thinking outside the box to bring family events, enrichment, and support to each John Rogers’ student and staff. We welcome your ideas!
As always, your thoughts, insights and ideas are greatly appreciated, as now more than ever, we are all partners. John Rogers Elementary is truly a special place for our children to explore, grow, and learn.
5th Grade Parent
We, the PTA, recognize that we at John Rogers Elementary are on the traditional land of the first people of Seattle. We acknowledge and celebrate the Coast Salish people of present and past, especially of the Duwamish Tribe and Lushootseed speaking People who are the original inhabitants and continue to be stewards of this land. We also live, learn and work on this land and honor them with love and gratitude.