Here are a few fun John Rogers Summer Events to add to your calendar:
John Rogers Summer Play dates:
Wednesday, July 9th 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Wednesday, August 13th 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Current and incoming families welcome! Come see your friends on the John Rogers playground.
Kindergarten Jump Start:
August 18th – 22nd 9:00 am – 12 pm each day
This free transition program, available to all incoming John Rogers kindergarteners, allows kindergarteners to become familiar with the school and begin learning some new routines.
Second Annual John Rogers Meet and Greet:
Thursday, August 28th 6:00pm –7:00 pm, Potluck 6:00pm – 7:30pm
In addition to finding out who will be your child’s teacher for the 2014/15 school year, the John Rogers PTA will be sponsoring a potluck BBQ on the school playground. Families are invited to bring something to share!
Last Name (A-J) – Fruit or Veggies
Last Name (K-O) – Chips
Last Name (P-S) – Dessert
Last Name (T-Z) – Drinks
PTA will provide hot dogs (veggie dogs available) and the fixings. This will be a fun way to get ready for the school year! Questions and/or want to help, contact Robin at email@example.com or 206-295-7507.
On Tuesday, May 20th, the PTA Membership will be asked to vote on the proposed 2014/15 PTA Budget. The budget committee has drafted both a detailed budget and a discussion document that outlines how each line item is expected to be used per the budget.
A couple of points to make about this year’s budget:
- The budget again includes funding for the Counselor position. While the District has indicated that it will be funding the Counselor position at John Rogers next year, it is not guaranteed until after October. For this and other reasons (to be discussed at the meeting on Tuesday), the Budget Committee is recommending that funding for the Counselor position be approved in this budget.
- There are a few notable, but not altogether significant, changes in this years budget. Among them:
- Administration expense budget was increased by $500.
- Enrichment expense budget dropped by $2,400, driven primarily due to removal of last year’s fund-a-need line item, Social Studies (-$8,000). Teacher discretionary funding increased by $4,200, as did funding for Fifth Grade camp (+$2,400).
- Community expense budget was increased by $550.
- Support expense budget dropped by $3,000, primarily due to drop in required funding for the Tutor program (-$8,600), and offset by increases in funding for Family Emergency Fund, HIP and a new program called FEAT.
Links to copies of the proposed budget and discussion doc are listed below.
We look forward to seeing you at the General PTA Meeting on Tuesday.
Here they are! Well, at least here’s a list of them. The Spring Fling Auction is right around the corner. Included in this announcement are two files. The two files contain listings and descriptions of the items in each silent auction section. Browse through the list to find out which items you want to bid on so you can head right to them when you get to the auction.
The John Rogers PTA Auction fundraiser is coming up on May 3rd. Meadowbrook Community Center is offering paid childcare on the night of the auction from 5:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Click the link below for a flyer containing more information.
Rogers Parent Nite Out 2014
The John Rogers PTA is pleased to announce that we’ve been accepted into the Amazon Associates Program. Simply click on the Amazon link on our site, or provided in PTA emails, and a percentage of your Amazon purchases will benefit the PTA!
This includes purchases of school supplies, electronics, books – just about anything you purchase already on Amazon! Once you click one of the JR PTA Amazon links, your purchases will automatically generate funds for the PTA – at no extra cost to you. After clicking on one of our links, just shop on Amazon the same way you do currently and the John Rogers community will benefit.