The John Rogers PTA invites staff, families and friends to a fun night out to support our school. The auction is an adult-only event and our school’s primary fundraiser of the year. Tickets for the auction are purchased in advance and include dinner and open bar. The event is a great opportunity for you to socialize with other parents and staff while also helping raise money to benefit our students’ education.
SAVE THE DATE!! March 29th, at the Mountaineers Club…
The night will consist of both a silent auction (items to bid on include everything from gift certificates to restaurants, sporting event tickets, handmade items, unique experiences for children and fun outings for everyone) as well as a live auction (bid on larger items like vacation getaways, unique experiences, classroom projects and experiences with teachers and staff – and whether you participate in the Live bidding or not, it is highly entertaining to watch!).
Last year we raised over $70,000 for the school! Those fundraising efforts helped us fund tutoring programs, art and science enrichment, library books, classroom supplies, community and family events and much more.
There are many ways for each of our John Rogers families to ensure the success of the event again this year:
- Attend the Auction! Invitations will be sent home, please buy your tickets – the earlier the better – and line up your babysitter! Meadowbrook Community Center provides a fun night out for kids ages 3-12. More information will be provided soon.
- Fund-a-Need! Can’t attend the event but still want to donate money? Or do you have a friend or family member that would like to donate? Every year we choose a specific budget item as our Fund-a-Need and the funds raised are designated for this item. You have the opportunity to donate at any amount you choose whether you attend the Auction or not, and ALL Fund-a-Need donations are 100% tax deductible. Details on our 2019 Fund-a-Need goal will be announced soon.
- Company Matching Program: Many companies offer a program that will match your donations to non-profits organizations. Please check with your company to see if they have a matching gift program!
- Procure items! We are looking for desirable, unique and high-quality donations of all sizes and are asking EVERYONE to think through their entire network of family, friends and colleagues – anyone you know that might have access to popular and/or creative auction items. Do you know someone with a cabin or vacation home who is willing to donate a week or weekend. Don’t be afraid to solicit beyond local businesses! If you want to be part of the procurement team or have a business in mind, email us so we can make sure there are no redundancies and so we can support you with a procurement package.
If you make something that you would like to offer to the auction, we’re really excited about a portion of the auction we’re calling John Rogers Marketplace. It will basically replace the
- Bid-It-Now section. Remember the Otter Tea Towels, skyline mugs, stickers, granola, etc? Think affordable, handmade, local, homegrown treasures from our own community.
The deadline for donations is February 10, 2019!
- Volunteer! Help is needed in every capacity: decorations, procurement, classroom projects (these are usually huge sellers at the event), event set-up and more.
For donation questions or volunteer information, please contact Hong Vo and/or Julia Engel at AuctionJRE@gmail.com